How was your weekend? I’d planned on tying up the loose ends on a lot of projects that I’ve started but our social lives took over! 3 days later, nope nothing got done. I mean, off late I’ve been dragging my feet when it comes to finishing up that one last project in a room otherwise ready for the big reveal! Enough of that, it’s time I held myself up to my list……………….
The last time we did something like this was in September. Got to admit that in all the holiday frenzy I haven’t worked on much in terms of room makeovers.
- The breakfast nook -In exactly the same spot as we left, 90% done. You can read all about the room revel here. The bright light though is that after pondering over the light fixture for months I think I found something that would work at HomeGoods over the weekend. Now to make it into DIY chandelier. Yay or nay?
Powder room- Done!!! The only thing that I can cross off the list this time around. A sudden change of plans that resulted in the vintage newspaper wallpaper being used in the powder instead of the laundry did the trick! We love the new look.
- The upstairs retreat -Again where we left off at 60% done. The ladder shelves were installed back in August but are waiting for the chandelier for the master reveal. After losing my first try against it B is strongly discouraging me from trying it again. I on the other hand am not ready to accept defeat at the hands of an vintage lace chandy yet!
- The laundry room - Ahem…this is a project that got started over the Christmas break. The room is painted and the shelves are installed. Now for the styling and oh did I tell you I have plans of making another chandelier for this room. Sensing a pattern here? Yes, I’m in the DIY light fixture land now! By the way we got an awesome deal on the shelves at Home Depot, check it out.
- Complete the Family Room. We are inching our way to progress here. Found the fabric for my 2 Craigslist cane chairs on my trip to Charlotte. B even started unstapling one of the chairs. That is progress, right?
- Coat closet downstairs. This one looks like a strong candidate for expedition. Will be able to give you more details soon.
- My daughter’s room - There is a new crystal chandelier (which I found for $10 on one of our FB yard sale groups) that needs to be painted and hung.
- Build a Vegetable Bed in the backyard - This is a brand new item on the list that I’m very excited about. Hopefully will work out as planned.
Long shot projects
- Our master bedroom closets. We did check out the Elfa sale and absolutely love the stuff but something came up. Will have to keep this at low priority for now.
- The guest bedroom upstairs. Other than these vintage chair prints I found at Goodwill no plans for the room yet but you maybe in for a surprise on this one. Lately I’ve been getting so many ideas for this room.
- Our master bedroom where the only update so far has been a West Elm duvet. I think I know what I want for this room even the actual products but it will have to wait till I finish off other projects above it on the list.
All the other ‘one day will do’ projects are the same as the previous list. I think if I can fast track a few things here and there then I can knock quite a few items off the list this time. What do you think? Is your To Do List this long? How did you fare against your last year’s list?